Special guided sessions for day-care centres and after-school care
One thing is clear: there can hardly be a more lively place of learning than a zoo. We grant our youngest, most curious visitors a particularly exciting insight into the animal kingdom – even behind the scenes of our Aquarium. We offer a variety of thematic tours for day-care centres and kindergartens to playfully convey knowledge to the children. Each tour also offers a little highlight. You can choose between these guided sessions:
An aquarium filled with questions
In what way? For what reason? Why? This tour is dedicated to the inexhaustible curiosity of the children about the sea. Why are surgeonfish named as such? For what reason are anemonefish also called clownfish? And why do we all fear sharks? We seek answers to these and many other questions together. Our guides not only have great exhibits to touch and sniff on hand, they also have a little highlight up their sleeves. You are more than welcome to send us a list of questions by email before the guided session.
General Aquarium tour
This guided session sees our guides take the day-care centre children on an exciting tour through the animal world of our Aquarium and introduce them to the residents using 'touching' exhibits. The children gain an informative insight across all levels of the facility and get to know the many fish, amphibians, insects and reptiles. A little highlight also awaits our younger guests here.
Who is suited to the guided session?
• Well suited for children between 4 and 6 years
• We adapt the guided sessions based on age for older children in after-school day-care centres and similar institutions
• At least one adult must be present to accompany the group
When do the guided sessions take place?
• Core times: Monday to Friday at 10 a.m. in the Aquarium
• Please inquire by telephone for alternative times
How long do the tours last?
• One hour and a little bit more ...
How and when do I book?
Telephone appointment and further information on tel. 030/25 40 1 400 or by email email@example.com
Mon. 12–5 p.m.
Wed 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Thur. 1–5 p.m.
Fri. 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
• EUR 45 package for a guided session
• Day-care centre children have free admission, children in after-school care pay EUR 3.50/child
• Day-care centres: One accompanying person gets free entry per five children
• After-school care centres: One accompanying person gets free entry per fifteen children
• There is an extra charge for the use of our cloakroom.
Where do we meet?
All guided sessions begin behind the Aquarium entrance, Budapester Strasse.
Important for your booking
• After booking by phone, preferably two weeks before the date of the event, a deposit of EUR 45 must be paid
• Please transfer all funds using the Commerzbank service, the IBAN number can be retrieved on request by telephone – password: Day-care guided session – name of the day-care centre – date of the event as booked.
• The deposit will be proportionately retained as a processing fee for no-shows to the guided session
• We impart every effort to cater for your needs, but due to operational reasons, there is always the risk of shifts in the programme.